Hemp Infused Salve Recipe
Even though we're moving away from sandal season, we can all relate to crawling into bed at night and catching your dry skin on your comforter. I think we can all agree it is a horrible feeling, so today we'll be going over the recipe for making a CBDa Isolate cracked heel salve. Even though this salve is titled, "Heeling with Hemp," you can use this salve on other dry, cracked areas of your skin that would also enjoy the soothing touch of CBD.
Heeling with Hemp
There are many different types of hemp you can use for your salve, but the most common is CBD.
CBD has many positive qualities when it comes to self-soothing, but most importantly, it can be absorbed through the skin and offer potential relief without the psychoactive effects associated with THC. CBD also comes in multiple forms, so deciding which type you need just depends on your next creation.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 12 hours (includes setting time)
- Renders: 16 oz
- Mg per 8 oz Jar: 4 g
- Usage Size: 1 Tbsp
- Measure the coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, CBDa Isolate and beeswax into a heatproof glass jar or measuring cup.
- Set in a pan of water on a low simmer until completely melted, stirring occasionally. This process can take up to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat once the wax has fully melted.
- Carefully pour the warm oil into ointment jars or small mason jars, leaving room at the top. Set aside to harden up. Depending on the temperature of your home, this can take up to 12 hours.
I use 4-ounce mason jars for storing my base salve although plastic ointment jars work just as well.