Hemp Infused Red Velvet Cake Recipe
Looking to kill it at your next Halloween party? Look no further, because if the icing and red drizzle don't leave your guests screaming for more, the fluffy Delta 8 THCp Distillate-infused sponge cake will make them say "Now I can die happy."
As always, these recipes are for consenting 21+ partygoers because Halloween is about getting spooked, not getting accidentally dosed. The best way to avoid this is not only to ensure it's okay to bring an infused dish but to mark it so that no one gets an unexpected surprise later in the night. Another great idea is measuring out your dish and putting each serving in its own container so that not only do they receive the perfect dosage, but it also ensures everyone who receives one knows that it has been infused.
You'll go PSYCHO over this Hemp Infused Red Velvet Cake
This D8-infused recipe may look complicated, but it's quite simple since you do get to cheat and use a Red Velvet Cake box mix. The hardest part is being patient enough to let the cake cool before adding any type of icing. Whether you're making just one sponge or stacking two, it's hard to resist throwing on the killer icing before the cake has had time to cool.
The first time I made this cake I was so excited to assemble it (making a cake look bloody is surprisingly fun), I didn't wait long enough before putting the cream between the two sponges and it completely melted. Though it didn't change the flavor of the cake, not having that solid icing between the two layers caused a tilting effect. It wasn't the most perfectly straight cake, but it was bloody and delicious which is all you can really ask for.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 25-30 mins
- Servings: 8
- Mg per serving: 13.5
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- .25 g Vivimu's Delta 8 THCp Distillate
- 1 box Red Velvet cake, plus ingredients called for on box
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. cold water
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º and butter and flour two 9" cake pans. Prepare red velvet cake batter according to box directions and then add in your .25 grams of D8 Distillate. Divide between two cake pans and bake according to instructions (25-30 mins).
- Make cream cheese frosting: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, then add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Make “blood”: in a small saucepan, stir together water and cornstarch until fully combined. Turn on heat to medium and pour in corn syrup. Let simmer and stir frequently for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and red food coloring.
- Place the bottom cake on a cake plate and trim the dome of the cake. Add “blood” to the top layer, just enough to dampen the cake. Cut the dome off the second cake and place it upside down on the bottom layer of the cake.
- Frost the entire outside of the cake with cream cheese frosting, making sure to make an extra smooth layer on top. Pour “blood” on the top and allow some to drip down the sides. Serve.