Herb-aceous Ranch Dip with Delta 8 Recipe
When I Dip, You Dip, We Dip (in Hemp)
It's that time of the year again where we all get to indulge in our comfort foods, and tailgating parties are no exception! Enhance your snack game with a dash of hempy goodness in your ranch dip! Imagine creamy ranch dressing, now with a twist – hemp! These little seeds bring a nutty flavor to the party, making your dip a real blast for your taste buds. So, whether you're dunking your veggies or drizzling it on your salad, this Delta 8 THCp Distillate infused Ranch Dip is the life of the snacktime party, promising good vibes and great taste all rolled into one!
That one time we didn't make it past the tailgating...
A few years ago, some friends and I were pumped because we were able to score some free Dallas Cowboys tickets to a home game. This was the first football game experience for all of us, so we wanted to experience every aspect of a game, which included tailgating. It didn’t matter who you were rooting for, tailgating in the parking lot is the time where football fans gather together and pregame the right way (pun intended).
I don’t know if you have ever gone tailgating, but most people get to the parking lot bright and early to start the festivities. Like I said earlier, we wanted the full experience, so we arrived early as well. Most tailgating involves adult beverages, but we wanted to try a different approach by infusing some of our appetizers. We were each in charge of one item and mine happened to be the Ranch dip which I titled, Herb-aceous Ranch Dip. Everything was going great, but then next thing I knew, everyone was packing up their grills and making their way into the game. At that point, we realized we may have gone a little too ham and really just wanted to put on our sweats and have a movie marathon. I think if we had been a little bit more mindful of how long a tailgating party can last, we probably would have paced ourselves a little more. Since the tickets were free, we just started alerting the crowd that we had free tickets, so they did not go to waste. The game might have been missed, but the unforgettable tailgate was the real win.
Cooking with Delta 8 THCp Distillate
Distillate is a specific type of oil that has a sticky, honey-like texture that is made by using steam, vacuum pressure, and specific heating/boiling temperatures (depending on the type of cannabinoid) to isolate the extract from the plant. When the distillation process is used, it leaves behind the plant matter and terpenes which gives a flavorless, odorless oil.
The best part about using Distillate for baking is that it is easy to dose your edibles (if you have the option, always get your distillate in a syringe to make it even easier) and mixes well with most food types. If you need help with your dosage, please see our dosage chart to help you decide how much distillate to use.
For this recipe I used .25g of Vivimu's Delta 8 THCp Distillate which has a strength of 85%. Since this recipe produces 16 servings, that means each serving size contains about 13mg. Please note that Vivimu's Delta 8 THCp does have a longer lasting effect than the Delta 8, so please dose responsibly.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Servings: 16
- Mg per serving: 13
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Delta 8 THCp Distillate infused Mayonnaise
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tbsp of Red or White Wine Vinegar (you can also substitute lemon juice)
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- .25g of Vivimu’s Delta 8 THCp Distillate
Complete the Dip
- 1 cup of Sour Cream
- ⅓ cup of Delta 8 THCp Distillate infused Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp of Dried Onion (you can also use onion powder)
- 1 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp of Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp of Dried or Fresh Dill
- ½ tsp of Salt
- Instead of adding the spices individually, you can also use store bought ranch seasoning mix.
- I will be adding 1/4 cuo of Pickle Juice to my recipe, but you can leave it out if pickles aren't your thing.
Making the Delta 8 THCp Distillate infused Mayonnaise
- Add Salt, Vinegar, Egg, and .25 Delta 8 THCp Distillate to a food processor or blender and process on low until the mayo begins to thicken.
- For a stronger effect, heat the distillate before adding it to the food processor.
Complete the Herb-aceous Ranch Dip
- Whisk together Sour Cream, Delta 8 THCp Distillate infused Mayonnaise, Dijon Mustard, and the optional Pickle Juice.
- Add in Spices (or the ranch dressing mix packet)
- Place the dressing in a small bowl or jar and cover with a lid. Let the dressing marinate in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.
***each serving is around ¼ of a cup***