Half-Time with Hemp
Are you ready for some Half-Time with Hemp featuring Vivimu's Delta 8 THCp Distillate? This is our third installment of our recipe blog where we discuss different ways to enjoy your Vivimu products. This installment features our CBDp Distillate guacamole for those who prefer a more subtle experience.
Watch out for those Nacho Munchies...
The first time I made these edibles, I learned a valuable lesson about making sure I had normal snack food for when the nachos kicked in.
After completing my new nacho recipe, I decided to unwind with a couple of bites, knowing it takes a while to kick in. I turned on the game and got super comfy on the couch.
After a about an hour and a half, I started feeling restless and realized it was time for a snack. Without really thinking, I headed to the kitchen, saw my pile of nachos, and started munching away.
Half of the nachos were gone before I realized what I had done. I had accidentally eaten more than planned. Knowing my night was going to take a different path now, I helped myself to a few servings of my CBD guacamole so that I could counteract some of the THCp I had just consumed. Luckily I had the mindset to top off my evening with the guac, or the next morning would have been interesting as well. Moral of the story, put away your edibles after you have consumed the wanted amount, especially if you can't control yourself with the munchies.
Cooking with Delta 8 THCp Distillate
Distillate is a specific type of oil that has a sticky, honey-like texture that is made by using steam, vacuum pressure, and specific heating/boiling temperatures (depending on the type of cannabinoid) to isolate the extract from the plant. When the distillation process is used, it leaves behind the plant matter and terpenes which gives a flavorless, odorless oil.
The best part about using Distillate for baking is that it is easy to dose your edibles (if you have the option, always get your distillate in a syringe to make it even easier) and mixes well with most food types. If you need help with your dosage, please see our dosage chart to help you decide how much distillate to use.
For this recipe I used .25g of Vivimu's Delta 8 THCp Distillate which has a strength of 85%. Since this recipe produces 16 servings, that means each serving size contains about 13mg. Please note that Vivimu's Delta 8 THCp does have a longer lasting effect than the Delta 8, so please dose responsibly.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Servings: 16
- Mg per serving: 13
- Serving Size: three nachos
- .25g of Vivimu's Delta 8 Distillate
- 1 lb of cooked chicken breast. Cut up into bite sizes once cooked
- 1 cup jalapeno pepper, canned slices
- 1 can (16 oz) of refried beans
- 1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips
- 12 oz cheddar cheese
- Five ripe avocados
- .25g CBDp Distillate
- 1/2 chopped white onion
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 1/2 tbsps garlic powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree (175 C). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
- In a large pan, heat up your refried beans and slowly mix in your Delta 8 THCp Distillate until your beans start to bubble.
- While your beans are infusing (heating), chop up your onion, tomato, and any other topping.
- Depending on the type of chicken you use (I am using some fajita chicken that was previously cooked), you will also want to use this time to cook your chicken if needed.
- Pour the tortilla chips onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread infused refried beans over the chips, using a table spoon to measure out the amount (this is important for dosing). Then layer your cooked chicken, jalapenos, and shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly (around 6 minutes).
- After they have been removed from the oven, garnish with your tomatoes and onions if desired.
- Remove avocados from their skin as well as the seed (it helps if you cut the guacamole into smaller cubes while still in the skin).
- In a large bowl, add in avocados, onion, tomato, lemon juice, and cilantro as well as your .25 grams of CBD Distillate. Mix well.
- Use 1/4 cup to measure out your serving size of guacamole.