Hemp Infused Pecan Pie Recipe
Grandma's pecan pie was always a labor of love, with its buttery crust and the perfect balance of sweet and nutty flavors. Now, by infusing this beloved recipe with Vivimu's CBDp Distillate, we not only preserve its timeless charm but also add a hint of wellness to each delightful bite.
Grandma would be proud of how we're keeping her recipe alive, with a modern twist that's as heartwarming as her time-honored original.
Save the Best for Last
Though this is the first hemp infused recipe we are debuting for our Hempsgiving Feast, it is meant to be consumed just like any other dessert; last. CBD is known to some as an anxiety eraser, but what many people don't know is that it can be used to help subside the psychoactive effects caused by THC.
A few years ago, my brother and I decided to create a Thanksgiving feast completely out of infused food, but needless to say, our eyes were bigger than our appetites. Even though we had a blast creating each dish, we did not take the time to plan out our dosage which caused us to call it an early night.
The biggest lesson we learned was that not every dish has to contain straight THC and that we can incorporate CBD to help us keep our momentum going for the entire meal. Now I am sure to make a few dishes containing CBD so that if you feel yourself overdoing it, you can taper off with a CBD buttered roll or a delicious slice of southern pecan pie.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Servings: 5
- Mg per serving: 12 mg
- Serving Size: 1 slice of pie
- .25 grams of Vivimu's CBDp Distillate
- 1 cup of Corn Syrup
- 3 Eggs (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsps of Melted Butter that has been cooled
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1.5 cups of Pecans, halved
- 1 9-inch Pie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the pie dough in a 9-inch pie-baking dish (unless you bought the pie crust that comes in a tin).
- Lightly toast your pecans but be sure not to over roast them. Should not take longer than 3 mins. Set them aside once complete.
- Mix your wet ingredients: CBDp Distillate, eggs, corn syrup, and melted butter.
- Add brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in the roasted pecans.
- Pour pie filling into your pie shell and place in your preheated oven.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. You may need to let it bake an extra five minutes, depending on your oven. Pie will still have a light giggle, but it will set. Internal temperature should read 185-200F.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- After roasting your pecans, fill a gallon ziplock bag with flour and toss your pecans in until they are evenly coated. This will prevent your pecans from sinking straight to the bottom of your pie.
- Let everything get to room temperature except the pie crust. This will help with texture.
- Freeze the pie crust while you are making the filling. The crust contains butter, so you don't want your dough to have a runny consistency.
- Once you have combined everything into the crust, cook immediately! Again, you do not want the butter to make your pie have a soggy bottom.
- If your pie crust is getting too brown before it's time to remove the pie from the oven, use tinfoil to cover the edges of your pie crust.